Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Then and Now~~for Now Anyway



  Good Morning,

  It's taken me a lot longer in the kitchen than I thought it would and its not done yet but I have made progress..
  The post that tells every detail of what has happened in there will be L O N G.. I'll be sure to warn you about that in advance:-)

  Trust me, when this is finally done the title of the post will be DONE La Kitchen ..  or something like that  in ultra dramatic in capped letters.    

  In the mean time I did want to show ya'll that I had been doing something beside sitting here looking at it with my head in my hands... of course there's been a whole lotta that too.


    I'll have lots of ::funny in retrospect:::  stories to tell ya'll in the final reveal post.
just  a little hint though,,, if it went right- I'm a Genius and if it went wrong, its all Brenda's::over at Cozy Little House:: fault..  just sayin'

  Please know that what you see if likely to get changed in the very near future-- possibly several times ..nothing new about that according to my Daughter:-)


 so for now

THEN  ~  did I ever mention how very much I DISLIKE niches, if not , I'm saying it now..

 For Now- subject to change as soon as I click Post...
sorry for the slightly fuzzy photo. If I waited till my hands were'nt shaking I'd never show it.
I'm thinking a tripod is my next purchase..

;;;;still dislike niches but it gives me great comfort to know I am only a piece of sheet rock ,some tape and sheet rock dope away from closing that sucker up~!  well see...

YES I like greenery--A LOT  lol..live plants around me make me smile and a few faux ones thrown into the mix suits me fine too..  
  Needless to say they love to see me pull up at the Garden shop..  You can actually hear the sound, chac-ing cha-ching going off before I even get out of the car.  

 So there we have it folks..  Thanks so much for your interest and your patience.   I am not to speediest decorist but I do get it done eventually.. At this pace I figure I can show you the whole completed kitchen by december ~!! omg  lol.

 seriously,  Thank You for visiting me and following along as I decor this new home and make it feel like ME.

Ya'll come back to see me, ya hear..

ps--seeing stuff I want to and will change RIGHT NOW
Sonny

21 comments :

  1. I love it Sonny. It looks so happy and cheerful. Much more like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, Sonny! Looks great to me! Loving those white cabinets!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonny, love the live plants and especially the scale. I love WHITE kitchens, so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT A CHANGE! The first pic made the kitchen space look small, probably due to the oak (?) cabinets. But the second made me go: "WOW!" Did you take the marble or whatever the dark surface was off, as I see white in the next photo? I told you you could do it. You KNEW you could do it. It was just somewhat overwhelming with all that happened. Are you going to cover the niche? I thought your daughter was partial to it? I'm sure every time you see that kitchen now you don't frown with your head in your hands. Hopefully you smile.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks simply beautiful!! Sonny. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking real good Sonny...so much lighter and brighter!! I love having plants around too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great, Sonny! Did you add a shelf to that niche? It looks great. I want to see how you decorated the top of your kitchen cabinets. I'm feeling the need to do something with mine and I need some ideas. : ) I can't wait to see the whole kitchen. From what I can see, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sonny! Oh, your kitchen is looking beautiful! You turned that niche into a showplace! Love what you did with the mirror! Love all of your pretty plants too! Can't wait to see more.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonjour,

    Merci de partager avec la transformation de votre cuisine. Une véritable réussite ! J'aime beaucoup...

    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course we knew what you would change. And you changed it beautifully. Will the wreathed deer remain after the holidays? Love what you did with the niche.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The niche was awful in the before picture but you made it look beautiful. I want one now! :-)

    The whole kitchen looks just beautiful. You could have made this a TV episode on renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sonny! I have to say I like niches and I just LOVE what you did with yours!!!! It looks awesome. I never would have thought to put a mirror in there....genius! I can't wait to see it all!!! Thanks SO much for your visit too. You leave the sweetest comments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, it looks beautiful! Love what you did with your niche. The whole kitchen looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sonny! I love what you have done with your kitchen! So light and bright!!! Love the greenery, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful transformation. I love how you decorated your niche.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sonny, I'm really sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you! Life has been extra busy!

    Your new kitchen looks great! :) I really love your floors and wish I had those. Your cabinets were very nice the way they were, but I understand why you wanted them painted. Ever since we re-did our kitchen, I've been in love with white cabinets. I had looked at those dark ones for far too long. I agree with you about niches; it's good to know they're not so difficult to permanently cover up. :)

    Thanks for sharing your new kitchen with us -- look forward to more pictures soon! Have a great weekend in this beautiful N.C. weather!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's gorgeous, Sonny. I love a white kitchen, and all the greenery is just the perfect complement.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sonny! I'm still enjoying seeing your lovely kitchen. Soon, tell yourself...soon! :) Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG!! I am loving it and I do love the NICHE!! LOL!!

    Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by and to leave such a kind comment!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow honey your new kitchen is amazing. Like everyone I love what you have done and when the picture downloaded I said Oh Wow!
    Just gorgeous. You can decorate my home anytime. I really need to get inspired myself and redo a lot to this old house.
    So miss and love you! I finally broke down yesterday and bought a new laptop so maybe I can come by and check on you more often. Learning this Windows 8 may be a challenge but it's nice to be able to visit friends again.
    Love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your kitchen is so pretty! I love all the accessories you chose!

    You and I need an I Hate Niches club. Would you believe our house had 5 of them when we moved in two years ago? Right in the entry there was a great big one and when we tried to hang artwork we realized it wasn't square. We called the builder and they sent someone out to work on it but it got worse. So we asked them to close it in and I'm much happier. I do like two that we have but the other two could leave today and I wouldn't miss them. It's funny because people say oooh you have niches...but they are hard to work with.

    ReplyDelete


Ya'll Come Back Now, Ya Hear :-)
.
Hugs and Smiles
Sonny