Friday, August 3, 2012

Rainy Day Reading- My Book review

( Disclaimer-- I paid for every book and would again..)  I recieve ZERO compensation in any shape, form or manner for this Review...
 I know these have been out since 1986 but folks if you haven't read Sue Grafton, you've really missed some fun, interesting reading.    I have to stop myself and get back to work or I'd loose days and sleep cause I cant put her down..  There are 19 books in this series each as good or better than the last.
*************************
 I get so into these stories I actually considered taking a Private Investigator course, ROLF..  Yes I dream of being a super slouth out and about gathering clues, information, just making a pest of myself in general and then, against all odds I SOLVE the case , take a deep breath of satisfied contentment, collect me fee and on to the next one..


Playing at Rainy Day Reading - Our Home in the Maples
 I think any book that makes you consider the subject as an actual career is GOOD READING .. 






Here's just 1 sample of 173 great reviews::

Kinsey Millhone is a hard-boiled, gun-toting, loner--a private investigator who keeps to herself and does whatever it takes to solve her case. I first read this book as a teenager, and Kinsey's toughness and un-sentimentality turned me off (young romantic that I was). Coming back to this series as an adult has given me an appreciation for the character and the genre that I lacked before. What you see is what you get with Kinsey Millhone, and that simplicity is her strength.
This book is not only truly groundbreaking, it is also a plain ol' great mystery. Grafton keeps Kinsey busy interviewing suspects, following leads, and stirring up trouble. Kinsey's work is pretty much her life, and except for the occasional evening with a handsome stranger, you can expect her to stay focused on the case.
Unless you prefer your mysteries soft and cozy, you'll enjoy Kinsey Millhone and her straight-forward approach to crime. Best of all, if you enjoy this one, there are 14 more (so far) to keep you busy.

6 comments :

  1. Love Sue Grafton. Have one of her books on my shelf right now and believe I'll go read it. I too have always wanted to be a super sleuth since my Nancy Drew days:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah well, better late than never... this Sue Grafton is such a great writer to read.. all these alphabet stories can be read solo or together, but the pace of her writing is easy to get into and you know its a story well done.. I discovered her in the 80's and waited avidly for each new book.. so I am up to V now... Happy REading days to all of you, this is one writer than I never put down, and have to read in one go!!!!- I am not paid for this review, I just think she is a great read!!!!111

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again for recommending this series for Rainy Day Reading.

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped reading Sue Grafton for some reason but now you've got me heading back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sonny. I have read quite a few of her books and you are so right, they are great reading and total escapism.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...I am up to L and have actually read most of them out of order and STILL LOOOOVE them. I haven't picked up the next one because I've got things I need to get done...and that wouldn't happen if I had a book to read. :)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete


Ya'll Come Back Now, Ya Hear :-)
.
Hugs and Smiles
Sonny